Atlanta, Ga. — U.S. Senator Jon Ossoff is urging Georgians to prepare now for Tropical Storm Idalia, which is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane.
In addition to the steps below, Georgians should continue to monitor local news and follow instructions from public safety and emergency management officials.
Sen. Ossoff is urging Georgians to take steps now to prepare themselves and their families:
- Prepare a ready kit in case you lose power or have to evacuate — including non-perishable food, water, first aid kit, any medicines you may need, flashlights, and batteries.
- Make a family evacuation plan — know where you will go if ordered to evacuate from your homes.
- Make a family communications plan.
- Prepare to secure your home or business.
# # #
- Help your friends and neighbors prepare. We all play a role in helping our communities prepare.