Washington, D.C. — U.S. Senator Jon Ossoff continues building strong international working relationships to strengthen U.S. national security, advance Georgia’s commercial interests, and most effectively represent Georgia’s diaspora communities.
Last week, Sen. Ossoff met with a group of Latin American ambassadors and diplomatic officials representing Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, and Bolivia.
Sen. Ossoff and the group discussed relations between the United States and Latin America, commercial and trade opportunities for Georgia, and regional security issues.
The group included:
- Jorge Argüello, Ambassador of Argentina to the U.S.
- José Antonio Dos Santos, Ambassador of Paraguay to the U.S.
- Juan Carlos Pinzón, Ambassador of Colombia to the U.S.
- Sonia Guzmán, Ambassador of the Dominican Republic to the U.S.
- Alfonso Quiñónez Lemus, Ambassador of Guatemala to the U.S.
- Alejandro Bilbao la Vieja Ruiz, Chargé d’affaires of Bolivia’s Embassy to the U.S.